Friday, June 6, 2008

Rick Sund on the Hawks: This team is pointed north

Really happy to see Rick Sund land in Atlanta. He's a genuinely nice guy and a real pro who would take the time to call and offer encouraging words during tough stretches of the season.

It was interesting to see what he had to say about his new club:

"One of the things I liked about Atlanta was they had a game plan. It's not always easy to stick with the game plan, to go through the highs and lows of playing the younger players and developing them. Most teams are into that instant gratification. Some of it came to fruition this year and they were able to say, 'Hey, this team is pointed north.' That's a good thing. Make no mistake: People are going to be shooting bullets at you. It bothered me when I was 30, because I wanted to have a long career. Now that I've had a long career, it doesn't bother me as much."