[Here's a story about Coach Welling, pictured here.]
Basketball's Old-School Values
- We value the ball.
- We take good shots.
- We share the ball and make the extra pass.
- We sprint back on defense and we don't give up lay-ups.
- We defend the ball and help our teammate guarding the ball.
- We contest shots without fouling.
- We box out.
- We rebound and run the floor.
- We dive for loose balls.
- We take charges.
- We respect the game, officials, coaches, opponents, and our teammates.
- We have good body language.
- We compete hard and we play with passion.
- We have no excuses and we have "next play" mentality.
- We listen with our eyes and our ears.
- We only care about one stat -- the final score.
- We are responsible and accountable to the team -- on and off the floor.
- We play as a team -- the we is great than the me.