Sunday, March 1, 2009

Don't get upset at things you can't change

Toronto, after winning two straight, lost on Friday at PHX to fall to 23-37 on the season.

Chris Bosh, a four-time NBA All-Star and a member of the gold medal-winning Team USA this past summer in Beijing, was asked recently if the losses bother him.

"I don't get upset at things you can't change," he said. "Once the game is over ... it's over, there's nothing you can do about it, there's no reason to be upset.

To some, not beating oneself up for every loss may look to be uncaring. To Bosh, it's a matter of mental survival.

"It can only get worse and we have so many games, we have to erase everything and keep moving. That's the thing about it: I want to win the next game, so if I'm dwelling on us losing three games in a row or four games in a row and thinking about nothing but that, what do you think is going to happen the next game?

Most of the people ... they're probably unhappy. I'm happy, I'm a very happy person no matter what happens. I'm always seeing the positive out of everything."