Thursday, December 11, 2008

Shot quantity vs shot quality

Sasha Vujacic's PT is down slightly this season, as is his scoring average.

But according to Lakers coach Phil Jackson, Vujacic's role on this year's Lakers team isn't as a scorer.

"I think it's an attitude thing with Sasha. I think he thinks he has to score. But that's not it. It's about team play, and when that happens, then all those things are going to work out for him. I have numbers of players that played that role and did a very good job at it. He's got to figure that out and not rush shots. Take good shots. It's not about quantity, it's about quality."

Vujacic seems to be accepting his role, saying:

"Some nights I'm going to have open shots and some nights I'm going to have zero shots. I've just got to face it, it's going to be different than last year. We're winning, and that's the best thing about it. We know what our goal is. We have an incredible team. We shouldn't be selfish and think about our own stats. That's why I'm doing what's best for the team, and that's playing good defense."