Tuesday, September 23, 2008

We came in here with a plan and we stuck to our guns

Congratulations to the U.S. on winning the Ryder Cup for the first time in eight years.  U.S. captain Paul Azinger said the victory was the culmination of 24 months of hard work.

"I poured my heart and soul into this for two years, and my team poured their heart and soul into it for one week.  We came in here with a plan, and we stuck to our guns. We just went out there with a one-shot-at-a-time mission, and we did it. I can't be more proud of them."

According to Azinger, he focused more on team chemistry than in the past.  In the words of one of Azinger's players:

"I think we actually became a family, and that's something we've been missing from the past. We had a little bit of laughter and cutting up, and Paul has made it real easy for us. He gave us pingpong and he gave us foosball and he gave us every opportunity to have fun.  And if we couldn't take advantage of it, it was our own damn fault, you know what I mean?"