Monday, October 20, 2008

In a team mentality, it's never about you

Insightful quote from Titans center Kevin Mawae after Tennessee defeated KC to remain the NFL's only undefeated team:

"A lot of times in our world it’s all about me, me, me. In a team mentality, it’s never about you. It’s about what you can do for the whole.

Guys have figured that out in this locker room. There’s been times where it’s been all about an individual or an individual has caused problems for the team and we don’t have those problems now. What we want now is, ‘Just give me enough to do what we need to do so I can help the whole team win.’

A lot of people want to jump on the bandwagon but nobody wants to do the dirty work to get there. The guys in this locker room have done what it takes. We believe in ourselves."

Added his coach Jeff Fisher:

"I don’t have anybody, nor would I have anybody, on this team that would say, ‘I want the ball more or I’m not playing enough. Winning is what’s important."