Monday, October 13, 2008

Even if you're not having a good day, you have to fake like you're the best

Trent Edwards has helped the Bills to a 4-1 start. His offensive coordinator compared the second-year QB from Stanford to "the CEO of a company."

In only his second season, Edwards has quickly taken over a leadership role with the team:

"The team needs to see me engaged in the game, that the guy leading that huddle wants to win so badly. The fire I have inside of me, they need to see that. As a quarterback you're held so high on a pedestal that you have to lead. Guys are going to look to you for that. If you're not comfortable with it, those are the ones who are not going to make it playing this position. I feel like I've grown a lot in that area, it's something I've tried to improve on.

It comes with the territory. Even if you're not having a good day for three quarters, you have to fake like you're the best player in the world. You have to go out and forget all that and people will believe in you."