Tuesday, February 10, 2009

If you want the ball, show me you're ready for it

Coach McCabe forwarded along an AP article about Louisville football coach Steve Kragthorpe's plan to handle the offensive coordinator duties for his team.

"I want to be the guy that's scrutinized," he said. "I want to be the guy that's the point guy. I'm fully comfortable in that role. I'm fully aware of what that role entails, and so there will be no gray area in terms of that. I think your future's in doubt every year as a football coach. I think you're being scrutinized every year. I think you're being judged every year and I don't look at this year different than any other year."

As for how he'll manage the offense, Coach Kragthorpe made it clear that he'll decide who will get the ball based on who performs in practice.

"We have a saying in our program, it's 'Show me,'" Kragthorpe said. "That's how I've always been. I always told the guys at Texas A&M, when I was offensive coordinator there and I was calling the plays, 'Hey, if you want the ball, show me. Show me during the week of practice that you're the guy that deserves to have the ball when we tee this thing on game day.'"